선교지 소식

Subject: From Guatemala

Thanks for praying for me . . . The teaching (on missiology) ended the late Thursday evening with, I hope, much good done for those who had come.  I ended up teaching about 13 hours in three days.  It was an offical class for World Vision Seminary.  
There were over 60 students of which, I am told, half were from neighboring countries like El Salvador, Honduras and Nicaragua.  A very godly Korean elderly scholar named Dr. Young Hee Park taught another class.  It was real pleasure spending time with this man because you could tell that his passion for Christ is same as when he was younger man.  

Also, I had a chance to meet with the most CRAZY Korean American pastor there is--Pastor Bob Oh--while in Guatemala.  He is the one who introduced me to this school.  Meeting him always is an EVENT.

You know, I had some great congregants at the church I pastored all throughout the 90s but I must say that the level of response to my teaching given by these Latinamerican pastors is something I never experienced in the US.  They would clap (unfortunately) for me every time I finish a session.  It is sort of embarrassing!  It just goes to show you how a little that we have can be strectched into miles on the mission field.  

New ministries possibilities opened up during this trip, like making DVDs of my teachings (both in English and Spanish) and teaching further south of the continent, and the Lord willing, it shall be done, in time.  But they never materialize, I am OK with that as well.  In fact, my class by videotaped by the CGN company to be used in its satelite TV program for Spanish speaking population.  It was the first time in my life when I didn't move at all while teaching (due to having one camera for the most of my teaching sessions).

One prayer request:
One hour before my departure to Guatemala, I got a call from VA that my dad (turning 76 today) has a terminal cancer in its final stage.  The doctors have given him 3 months.  I just talked to him (Friday) and he told me that he is looking forward to meet the LORD asap.  Suffice it to day, I am BLESSED hearing this awesome testimony of the Lord's grace.  Nonetheless, please pray that if it is God's will, he will be healed of this terrible illness; if not, then, pray that he will show his sons, siblings and others around him, how to die, in peace, in the Lord.  

Thanks

Ryun Chang

zkapfhslicense XE1.11.6 GARDEN2.0