선교지 소식

Hi, thanks for praying for me down here in Altacomulco in the State of Mexico

This is an pass-by city of 200,000 nearby a big city called Toluca and even bigger one called "Mexcio City."

I am teachign an intensive course on apologetics (but not too bad since it only goes from 5 to 9:30 to 45 PM) for a baptist church of about 400 people in this small city.  Here they eat rabbits!

This intensive class has 2 "firsts" for me:

1. This is the first time, in about 20 intensive courses that have been offered in the past througout Mexico, that this type of class is offered to the laity of a single church. (In Chihuahua I do it, never outside of it).  In previous situations, the students have always been pastors, missionaries and/or seminary students.  A student whom I taught in Oaxaca last year who happens to be the youth pastor at this church got me to come here.

2. The second "first" is that (because of that, I am sure) this is the largest intensive course that I ever taught.  I brought with me 80 manuals and the church had to make another 35 to accomodate 115 students.  The pastor of the church is using this course as a training for those who will lead the upcoming cell-group ministry in the church--all 90 of them!!!

People are eager to learn and are follwing lecture well (I hope).  I am enjoying my time here and am blessed to know that God can use a humble fellow like me.  

Anyway thanks for your prayers.

Ryun

zkapfhslicense XE1.11.6 GARDEN2.0